Essential Oil Recipe Dilution Safety CheckerUse this recipe dilution safety checker when you're creating a new recipe or you've found a recipe on the internet and you want to check if the dilutions are safe. It will tell you:
- the dilution of your recipe
- the dilution of each individual essential oil in your recipe
- whether any of the individual oils exceed the maximum recommended safe dilution for that oil
- If you just want to know the total number of drops of essential oil needed for your desired dilution, try our Simple Dilution Calculator
- If you want to convert a recipe to a different dilution or size, try our Recipe Converter
If you have any feedback or suggestions for extra features you'd like to see, please let us know - we're always happy to add new features if they're useful.
Instructions for Using the Essential Oil Recipe Safety Checkere.g. if you want to check a 10 ml rollerball recipe that has 3 drops of Peppermint oil, 3 drops of Lemon oil and 2 drops of Cardamom oil, you would:
- Select 'ml' as the answer to the question 'Is your bottle measured in ounces or ml'
- Enter 10 as the size of the bottle or container
- In the first row of the Essential Oils table, select 'Peppermint' as the name of the oil and '3' as the number of drops
- In the second row of the Essential Oils table, select 'Lemon' as the name of the oil and '3' as the number of drops. Note you DON'T need to enter the carrier oil
- In the third row of the Essential Oils table, select 'Cardamom' as the name of the oil and '2' as the number of drops. Note you DON'T need to enter the carrier oil
- Click Calculate